View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:10 AM   #14
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Part I.5: :miffed:<font color="red">I HATE THIS PART!</font>:miffed:
Before any chassis metal work can be done, the machine must be stripped of all the components. it's the most disheartening thing in the world to see my project naked, nothing in place, and a case thats starting to look a tad swiss cheesed it's downright depressing!

Part II! "PSU Necrophilia & Sadism"
Here lies the body of a dead PSU. We're going to stick things where don't belong (Necrophilia) and cut parts out (Sadism).

Victim:

Oh the horror! My IDC plug has been yanked? WHYYY!!!

Well, so I can use it plug the pump in... that's why. Almost forgot to take pictures of it, so you have a 'part way modded' one

Plate (made out of the steel from cutting the hole in the top clamshell of the case for the mesh mod) w\ IDC connector. It wont be beige forever, have faith.

Plate out of the hole, blue holes for mounting screws. I bought a 4-40 tap, but its the wrong one!! You metric guys have all the good stuff when it comes to threading. I can barely think in inches anymore.

Disaster strikes!... well, maybe just bad luck. The bit I was using to drill the holes b4 I tapped them broke. So the plate isn't mountable, yet. No problem, I've been wanting carbide bits for a while
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote