Thread: Micro Coolers
View Single Post
Unread 02-14-2000, 06:47 PM   #3
Rich W
Cooling Neophyte

I looked into getting a transmission cooler as they seemed the best suited for water cooling.. they are fairly expensive.... I saw one that looked really great (the Turbo Cool by Hayden, ??) but was like $65... I saw some B&M's for like about $35 after a special rebate, but I ended up getting a heater core from a local dismantling shop for $15... it doesn't allow much air flow though (about 20 degrees above room temp with a 70 Watt peltier), so I went out today and bought
another radiator (this time a condensor coil) which measures about 16x20x.75 inches (if I recall correctly) and has 40 runs of copper rubing (each 16 inches long) inside the fins.. not counting the tubing turns, etc.. TONS of surface area. I got it for $1/pound at my local recycling shop. I have to fix a small hole in one of the tubes before I can use it (it was under a huge stack of other radiators/condensor coils/etc, and had a small punture wound)... I'll keep you updated. I think I found a great, fairly cheap supply of these things.. they have many pallets full of them, and they scrap and receive more each day...

Rich W.
Rich W is offline   Reply With Quote