View Single Post
Unread 03-02-2011, 09:11 PM   #6
ben333
Uber Pro/Mods

Default Re: Ben's Hackintosh Build in a G5 PowerMac Case... (Need some input on hardware)

Quote:
Well it's been a LONG day. Finally its just about done, and I'm really very happy with how it turned out. There's a bunch of pics in the middel, and more description but I'm too tired to manage all that right now. Enjoy some near finished pics I just snapped:

Progress pics to be up soon, and pics with this set up at my desk.

Anyway, I myself certainly like it, and I think I've done something that no other G5 to Intel modder has done is left it as original and standard as possible. At least in a practical way. The cooling system is great, so is apple's design with the dividers -- that's why I kept it. Very good CPU temps with everything on 5V... and on 12V this thing is in super-benching mode, sounds just like a noisy dual CPU server at boot up (because even those don't run the fans maxed all the time). I have a 20A switch in the back to toggle 5 or 12 volts, but doubt I'll ever run it on 12 unless I'm doing some heavy work and am out of the room for a while, then I suppose it's a great feature to have.
-

Quote:
My desk / setup tonight. Probably will rearrange things to fit another LCD in.

Last edited by ben333; 03-02-2011 at 09:21 PM.
ben333 is offline   Reply With Quote