View Single Post
Unread 12-06-2002, 12:04 AM   #2
Cathar
Thermophile

Before you do anything further - please install and test it first - that way you at least know if you're making things worse or better...

As a side thing, I ran a series of tests using the nozzle plate under a barb external to the block to what the flow from the nozzle. Basically it comes out pretty straight. The flow resistance of the block is fairly high due to the restriction, but not stupidly so. Flow rates were always about 15-20% lower than other very free flowing blocks (Maze 3, Cyclone 3, Cyclone 5) depending on what pump is used.

Given that you're fighting the restriction you may gain maybe 5% greater flow rates than in the configuration that it's currently in. The performance difference for such a small flow rate gain will be so low as to be undetectable on anything other than BillA's testbed (<0.1C is my educated guess).

I've already found that the nozzle ejects a straight "clean" flow straight down even despite being off-centre (for AMD CPU's) so you won't be gaining anything in that respect.

What may be of more benefit is having a 1-2mm "lip" hanging down from the bottom of the nozzle plate that partially extends into the channel areas to create something that looks more like a nozzle (1 per channel)

This was something that I considered but could not find a way to cheaply machine it without adding an extra $20 on top of the cost.

Last edited by Cathar; 12-06-2002 at 12:12 AM.
Cathar is offline   Reply With Quote