View Single Post
Unread 11-29-2002, 11:16 PM   #175
airspirit
Been /.'d... have you?

Actually, this is going to sound totally f*cked, but it does make a slight difference in what order the parts are in. I've actually done tests on my system at home (before the latest project hit) in which I swapped positions of the rad and WB, and found that I was actually getting better temps and slightly better flow figures if I had the WB first. Further, since I never removed and reseated the WB, mounting errors cannot be added to the equation. When I tried putting the rad on first after the pump again, the temps normalized to their previous, higher temps.

Logically and theoretically, there is no reason to say that there should be any difference except a beneficial one from having the coldest water hitting the block (pump>rad>wb), but in real life situations it appears that the opposite is true.

Feel free to tell me where I'm wrong, beccause I can't find a reason for this to be so, but it honestly does appear that under "normal" circumstances (not using a super-hot pump), that having the WB immediately after the pump is a good thing.
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
airspirit is offline   Reply With Quote