Thread: 1 TB Limit?
View Single Post
Unread 08-24-2006, 08:17 PM   #16
Davesworld
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: 1 TB Limit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue68f100
Welcome back Davesworld, it's been awhile.
Yes, it has been a bit too long. Thanks! I'm playing with a few RaidZone 4U Nas units I got off of EBay. They are out of business now and they never incorporated their drivers into the Linux kernel tree. The OpenNAS that came with them is based on an older version of RedHat. I might just put different Cans and 3Ware controllers in it. At least they used Intel and Tyan dual PIII boards in them depending on when built. One has an Intel Dual 370 board with a few 64 bit slots. The other is a Tyan Dual Slot 1 with all 32 bit pci slots and the secondary processor runs 15 degrees warmer due to the heatsink and fan being an eighth of an inch from the backside of the first processor. Dumb board layout Tyan! One of these came with 15 drives and runs but I don't know the root password! It used to be used by Kodak as one of the EasyShare servers from four years ago and still has 900GB worth of people's pictures! I can only read via NFS, not delete anything. The other is bare and came with only ten trays. Lots of potential since I can use any type of nics or raid I care to put into the box. I'd still like to see a 4100 running FreeNAS though.
Davesworld is offline   Reply With Quote