View Single Post
Unread 09-15-2002, 01:40 PM   #4
Rob C
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by FARMER
I'm not really in to all the english words in machinery, but that sure looks like a lathe to me.
For what purpose ?
Posting in this forum i suppose you want to mill a waterblock, hmm, thats going to be tough on that one
I can just make out some lettering that says 'multi-purpose machine' - looks like some lathe-cum-mill-cum-drill press or something. Pretty neat - I don't think I've seen anything quite like that before, though I really don't know much about machine tools. The few lathes and drill presses that I've worked on, the biggest differences I've noticed has been in accuracy of the dials/controls - some have a bit of give in them before anything moves, which can screw up precision work That may just be an effect of age though...

Just from the picture it looks fairly well made - it's a nice compact machine that's pretty versatile. If you get it, let us know how good it is - I wouldn't mind having something like that on my workbench at home, I don't have the money or space for a separate lathe, drill press, mill etc

Just as an afterthought as well, if most of the work you'll be doing on that involves copper, I'd have thought you'd be ok. It's certainly a much softer material than, say, steel, and shouldn't wear the cutting bits down too quickly.

"True wisdom lies in knowing that you know nothing" - Bill and Ted

wanna P4... wanna P4... WANNA P4!!
Rob C is offline   Reply With Quote