View Single Post
Unread 11-08-2004, 11:37 PM   #1
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Default Attention : Snap Posters Please Read Asap - Legal Notice!!! (11/08/04)

Folks.

I today recieved this letter from Adaptec:
Quote:
By email and courier/overnight delivery

Joe Kelly
ProCooling.com
2899 XXXXXXX XXXXX
XXXXXXXXX, WI XXXXXXXX

Dear Joe:

Please be advised that I am corporate counsel for Adaptec, Inc.

It has come to our attention that one of ProCooling.com’s members, “rami” (member ID No. 7274) is currently distributing unauthorized copies of Adaptec's copyrighted software, SnapOS 4.0, by posting a link to the ftp download directly from your message board/forum. This conduct constitutes copyright infringement which may result in significant penalties and attorney's fees under the U.S. Copyright Act.

Request is hereby made that you immediately remove any and all of rami’s messages containing the link or the links which are directed to this ftp site. Please confirm actions taken in this regard no later than noon PST Tuesday, November 9, 2004. If the links are not removed as requested, we shall proceed accordingly based on your failure to take reasonable remedial action upon actual notice and knowledge of the infringement.

Please do not hesitate to call or write with any comments or questions. Thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.

Very truly yours,
Judith A. Player
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++////
Judith A. Player
Attorney
Adaptec, Inc.
691 South Milpitas Boulevard, M/S 120
Milpitas, CA 95035
Tel. No. 408 957 7804
Cell No. 510 673 1280
Fax No. 408 957 7137
Cell No. 510 673 1280
Email: judy_player@adaptec.com
Alternative email: judy@jplayerlaw.com

So some steps will need to be taken. I am against internet censorship and am also against it being MY responsibility to moderate all these threads.

Please post a reply on ideas or comments.

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.

Last edited by Joe; 11-09-2004 at 12:00 AM.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote