View Single Post
Unread 07-16-2002, 05:35 PM   #14
V12|V12
Cooling Savant

Basically what I'm seeing is... what I've been pondering for a long time; a "heater core" type design approach for a water block. That's sorta what the pic lends me to picturing. I would say that having a larger central channel over the core would be most efficient for mass water to heat absorption. I would make some changes just for experimentation:

1)I would move the inlet/outlet to the opposing sides or

2)Like the previous pic, have the inlet and outlet in the same path way... the problem then is how much flow is going to go through the very outter holes...

3)Providing that you have a 200GPH+@1'head pump, stagent flow is not really going to be an issue in some of the holes for the fact that the pump is doing 2 jobs; it's not just pushing water, it's ALSO pulling it and with the 1'head buffer, there would really be no problem or major issue with "slow" to zero flow.

4) Maybe the oppsite would help outter flow resistance, in that you make the outter holes a slight bit larger, to compensate for them being at the very extreme edges of the block. That way you might have faster/higher flowage going to and from the middle of the block, BUT the larger holes lending to more MASS flowage and exit... Who know's... Maybe I will run into someone in the flow-mechanics lab around here and ponder the idea across to the pro's...

Looks like a great performer, I'd like to see someone build a prototype...ahah Imagine that-- folks just sitting around having time and access to CNC millers to experiment and play around with copper designs... BASTARDS!
--1/2" Vinyl tubes
--Via1300-Stealth Mod(QUIET!)
---Home made copper-tube block
---PVC small internal res
V12|V12 is offline   Reply With Quote