feathers
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by unregistered
show us a image of your MCX4000 after you converted it to a MCX4000-T please

yes feathers,
I am directly questioning YOUR ability to EFFECTIVELY add a TEC to the MCX4000
no words please, just the images of the assembled TEC unit
(and if my suppositions are shown incorrect by your images (no words, eh ?), I will retract those incorrect statements I may have made)

your questions about temperatures are revealing:
"Since the customer in question is using a 130W pelt then I'm just wondering how it is that your 226 pelt is able to deliver the same temps with a fan which is absolutely and utterly inadequate?"

perfectly clear to me
you need to do some testing at high heat loads to reveal the specifics of the individual components' temperature gradients
- when I said you did not have a clue I was not joking, now you are demonstrating the 'depth' of your knowledge

start posting hard data, shit can the words
"show us a image of your MCX4000 after you converted it to a MCX4000-T please" - Nowhere in my text did I state that I converted the MCX4000 to the 'T' variant. What I said was: 'the MCX4000 is essentially the same heatsink as the 'T' (with an integrated coldplate/insulation and 220W TEC). Are you going to tell me that the MCX4000 as described on your site is an entirely different heatsink? If you intend to do that then please explain why both heatsinks have the same designation code?

Uhhh.. You didn't answer my questions/observations about the 462-T or the 4000-T? How can Swiftech claim that an 80CFM fan is sufficient to cool these units with a 220W peltier? I know from testing that it isn't. So.. Will you or will you not explain your comment about the MCX4000-T now being sold only to industry?

The issue here isn't what we have done with an MCX4000. It is how Swiftech can claim on their website that an 80CFM fan is sufficient to cool the MCX4000-T with 220W peltier!?? I suspect you have avoided answering this question because we both know that an 80CFM can't cool an MCX4000-T with 220W peltier.

I put it to you sir, that this is why you made the comment about the 4000-T being sold only to industry/professionals. I very much doubt those 'professionals' are cooling the heatsink with an 80CFM fan! I suggest that this was the reason Swiftech withdrew the mcx4000-T from sale to the 'ordinary user'.

Last edited by feathers; 03-16-2004 at 02:13 PM.
feathers is offline   Reply With Quote