View Single Post
Unread 08-03-2005, 04:07 AM   #1
joe75123
Cooling Neophyte

Default PSU Switch Mod.....

first of all i would like to say hello to everyone as i am new to the forum. I have been reading around for quite a while and decidided to post a question or two for you experts out there. Now i have just purchased a used server case off of ebay, which i plan on putting one hell of a mod system together. well at least one hell of a mod system for me. it has 6 5.25" external bays, now that is the chit, i just cant wait. i bought an athlon1800+juihb chip off of ebay for $35 bucks and it got lost in shipping yesterday. so that sucks, i have heard those chips can be cranked up to 2.5ghz and higher.

well anyway, that is the start of what i got. im going to buy these comair rotron fans that are fuggin huge. they move 300cfm and 550 cfm. i figured i would use those for an exaust and one on top of my radiator. but the problem i have with those is they dont connect directly to the power supply, they have like these 3 little prongs on them. so i was wondering if any of you would know how i could get that to plug into a regular 4 pin connector off of the power supply.

I am going to be running 2 seperate power supplies. one for my fans and water cooling and one for all of my hardware stuff. Now this brings me to my second question. Is there a way i can get the second power supply to turn on when i power up the computer. but i want the power supplies to work seperate. i dont want them to work together. and if not, is there a way i can mod a toggle switch in the front of my case to where i can just flip the switch and all of my fans and water cooling come on. i would appreciate it if anyone could help me here. thanks alot guys.

thx,
joe
joe75123 is offline   Reply With Quote