View Single Post
Unread 12-01-2005, 10:10 AM   #12
Joe
The Pro/Life Support System

Default Re: product testing today – who is being served ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaestus
The advantage of the DOW sensors is that the entire digital thermometer is contained in the transistor packaging. So the wiring solder quality doesn't matter one bit. This is really the big advantage of them. Well that and the whole logging can be done in one setup.

My Swissflow seemed to report numbers within spec of my GPI flowmeter over the 0.5-3 range. I had some electrical issues with it though and it is about 4-5 years old from Joe's old test system. I can see if I can dig it up and I'll send it to you but I am not sure it's a good measure of general swissflow performance.

They are not a problem to submerge in water, but the wiring IS. No factory sheathing for them; gotta rig something up.

Ya the grooving is gonna be a pita for everyone who tries it. Could we switch to a copper shunt instead like your old TIM testing? Would that be a dealbreaker? Not sure.
What I found with the turbine style flow meeter is that if you dont filter the water, they seem to act as the filter. That was my second Swissflow, the first one got some hair in it or fibers from something and got gummed up.

ProCooling archive curator and dusty skeleton.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote