View Single Post
Unread 12-18-2004, 08:28 PM   #1
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Default Project Log: AL Carry case into PC Case.

I am going out of my normal hiding place in the cooling forums and post this little project. I was given a old camera with an aluminum carrying case the other day. I didn't think about it at the time but the case was exactly what I wanted for this project. As I sat here removing numerous Trojans and viruses off my ex-gf's comp I took a look at the case and it dawned on me a standard ATX mobo will fit nicely in the damn thing!

I was trying to figure out how to make a standard ATX desktop into a easily portable computer so I can take it to my cnc mill and bring it home when I am done. I don't like to leave it where the mill is because the shop is not heated all the time and it gets -20F at times in the winter. When I get there and fire it up condensation forms on the comp and that is not good.

I plan on mounting it with an old mobo tray and cutting out the rectangle for the ATX plate and cards. I will mount the hard drive in the upper part. I really don't need a CD drive or floppy drive for this comp as it will be networked from my laptop to transfer the CAD files for the mill.

Will update as I make progress.

jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote