View Single Post
Unread 05-28-2004, 07:21 AM   #169
olly
Cooling Neophyte

Hi,
I'm using German components (AquaComputer) in my rig, connected by 10mm I/D Tygon.
I've got a 2.4c Pentium o/c'ed to 3.0 Ghz, a watercooled Radeon 9700 and a WD Raptor in a HDD cooler. The diode temps are always below 30 celsius (86 farenheit), its nice and quiet and it looks good, so I'm happy (and in the end that's the only thing thats important).

When I was wondering which kit to buy I must say I did worry about the supposed 'inferiority' of the small diameter tubing, blocks etc, but I only wanted to watercool my rig to make it quieter (it wasn't overclocked then) so I thought it wouldn't matter too much.

I eventually decided on AquaComputer kit for a combination of reasons (performance, build quality, looks and ease of installation), and once I had installed the kit in my rig, I was so delighted with the results I promptly decided to overclock it. I admit I have no experience of 'American' style 1/2" kit, but I can honestly say, from a practical viewpoint, I can't see what extra benefits it would bring.

My view is that as long as your gear does a decent job, and your happy with it, that should be enough, but again this is only my personal point of view. Having said all that, I can't wait for the results of the tests !

Olly
olly is offline   Reply With Quote