View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2003, 07:31 AM   #4
Meethoss
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by bozo
somehow i dont think the 1250 would be enough
Anymore opinions on this? I've been told it should be ok, so if anyone has experience with a similar setup, please let me know

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris of Death
It doesn't look like you're going to have enough space to mount the rad in front, at least from the pic you provided. Remember, you'll also have a 120mm fan attached.
That's my current plan for the moment. I'm gonna buy the stuff and see if it will all fit for the plan. I might have to mod it a bit but if it doesn't fit with modding then I was gonna put it elsewhere. I don't really wanna cut up my case too much (I've never done it before and don't wanna mess it up) so maybe I'll consider making an external.

Quote:
I would also take a good, long look at the rad itself. The Thermochill 120.1, or, better yet, the 120.2 would be much better solutions. A heatercore is the ideal budget solution, if you don't mind getting your hands dirty and doing a bit more legwork, although I'm not sure how available the ever popular Chevette cores are in the UK .
Hmm...Don't think I can get the Chevette heater core :P I was told the Pro Core is pretty good but can't find it anywhere and was also told the BIX is the next best. If I end up going for an external design then I'll probably just get the 120.3 and go all out. I would prefer internal because it takes up less space in the room (I'm sharing with my girlfriend as I was fed up of arguements with my housemates) and it's easier to move around (being a student I tend to have to move my PC a lot to different houses and stuff when I move).

Quote:
You could save some $$ by dropping the Northbridge block, as well. It will simplify the system, and the gains for cooling the NB really aren't worth the (literal) costs involved IMHO, not to mention the extra tubing and loss of flow rate.
I've read that the NB is essentially the key to overclocking and so it needs to be as cool as possible - also I've got a mini heatsink and fan on mine and I want to get the system as quiet as possible, so I figured it'd be best to cool everything where there are currently fans. Do you think I should upgrade the pump to the 1260 for the flow rate?

Quote:
And for the GPU block, do you mean the Maze4?

All in all, you have the makings of a great system. Good luck.
Nope - the Maze 3. I'm told it's better than the Maze 4 (the Maze 4 supposedly better for using a TEC). Would you agree or not?

Thanks for the help, mate. Could do with some more opinions on this as I need to be very sure when I buy all this stuff and put it together