View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2003, 08:50 AM   #5
Boli
Cooling Savant

I would not put the res after the pump people have found you get bettter results as it is a lot less of a flow killer if you put:

res>pump>blocks>rad>res

Pumping directly into a rad is allways recomended against because of thre preasure drop and it is a better to pumping directly into the blocks and have the rad and res at the end of the circuit.

You seem to want to run a 2x parallel circuit with the NB and GPU on one side and the CPU on the other. Now I would recomend against this as many blocks now work best the higher preasure you put into them (which is why I suggested you moved your pump/rad around). How you are suggesting might mean that your GPU and NB (less resitrictive path) will gain the better flow and the CPU cooling circuit (more restrictive) will get the least.

My recomendation I think will have to be to use the 2 outlets of the CPU block to split the flow and go on one side to the NB and the other to the GPU before "Y-ing" back to connect to the res.

This may also help with the tubing arangement as even with a simple series circuit that what I possess it can get quite confusing and clumbersome.

And lastly you talk of overclocking but you are only running a single BIX, yet you want to cool all three componants. Now You won't see the best temps from this baby at all unless you plan on strapping some deltas to the Rad - getting a shrouded Heatercore or a larger rad my see you better for overclocking but don't expect great temps from this rig if you are overclocking.

And using the cooling circuit I suggested the 1250 would be fine and even the 1048 would work (though it may push it a bit) and where's a watercooling system that someone didn't bodge together with whatever was on hand ;P

~ Boli
Boli is offline   Reply With Quote