View Single Post
Unread 09-16-2002, 09:49 PM   #27
aenigma
Immature Title Goes Here

Quote:
Originally posted by SonixOS
Pipe heaters work at -38F. My suction line temp doesnt go below -20C which should be around 0F. Not cold enough. If I get liquid back in the compressor, is the temperature going to be higher than normal or lower than normal?

I think the cap tube is pretty thin but maybe not long enough? I am planning on taking the system to a high school around here that has HVAC classes. Its a technical high school i guess. I will do whatever u guys recommend there. I have no HVAC tools whatsoever.

From what I understand R22 should get the water temp to around -40C right? Someone here on the forums used the same system I am using and got -38C. Does that sound like a possible temperature to get?
Yeah it will probably get -40c.
What do you mean pipe heaters work at -38f?They work to keep waterpipes in houses from freezing in the winter,and last time I checked where I live only get to about 20-30f

Ok with the capillary,I thought dehumidifers might have small capillary.It is just overcharged,if you let a little of that charge out,you wont get liquid slugging and will get most likely get a lower temp.
How much of your compressor is frosted when running anyways?
aenigma is offline   Reply With Quote