View Single Post
Unread 04-21-2002, 08:55 AM   #29
Jim
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Originally posted by DodgeViper
I have the same problem. System keeps using water and can not find any water anywhere. I even ran the pump over night with no fans on and still can not understand where the water is going. I have had the rad out a number of times and everything is dry. The only thing I have not tried is replacing my screw on cap at the end of my T line. Maybe I am losing water due to evaporation. I have taken a tissue and checked every fitting.
DV-

I had a barb (brass) and a nice pretty brass threaded cap to fit on it at the end of my fill line too.

I was losing fluid so I replaced it with a plastic one piece plug and put the clamp thing on it, from Danger Den. (same clamp used on barb previously)

Now I am still losing fluid after almost one month with water cool. I think it bleeds through the silicon hose, cause I did the same thing as you checking with towels, tissue, fingers, etc.

I wish I had known about Tygon before I installed the water cooling.

On April 28th I will have a definite "volume" of total fluid lost since I filled it to the top on April 1. Last check was 1 teaspoon for about two weeks, roughly.

I also think the smell I was getting was from Water Wetter coming through the tubing (silicon). A tygon replacment will answer that question for me down the road.

Jim
Jim is offline   Reply With Quote