View Single Post
Unread 03-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #8
rpmurray
Cooling Savant

Default Re: 4100 fsck fatal error, please help

If you're not afaid of losing anything and want to give it a shot, you could try going into Disk Utilities, then Check or Repair Disk, and try changing the setting on how disk errors should be repaired, and then restart.

On one of my units, I was able to get it to mount the RAID so I could backup most of it, by changing the setting to Repair all errors. This assumes that you don't already have it set to that, and that the error is repairable. In my case some of the files became corrupt after the repair, but most of the data was still there. Of course you'd want to backup a soon as possible because the whole thing could just up and die. But don't try to backup onto any media that you already have a good backup on, so you won't lose anything if some (or all) of the files on the snap are corrupted.

edit: But looking over what you posted, the FATAL ERROR PANICs are something I didn't see on mine, so I'm going to assume that the data is hosed unless a recovery service can get it back for you.

Last edited by rpmurray; 03-30-2007 at 12:09 PM.
rpmurray is offline   Reply With Quote