View Single Post
Unread 09-04-2004, 02:46 PM   #11
Bigmack
Cooling Neophyte

IT's ALIVE!!!!!
I want to express my gratitude to all of the people at ProCooling and in these forums!! Without your knowledge and expertise, my system would not be a reality!!

The waterblock is not the block I had posted previously in this thread. I constructed a block patterned after Slaterspeed's channeled block(SPC1)http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/sho...7&postcount=14
. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures but it has a few more channels than his and the top is acrylic, about an inch and a half thick. the nozzle portion is an eigth of an inch across. I did a rough flow measurement of the system with a gallon container and a stopwatch. The system flows 1.25 gallons per minute.
I have realised a drop of 10 degrees on the cpu as compared to the volcano 11 with a vantek tornado 80mm fan. the ambeant at this moment is 70 deg f, motherboard monitor says the cpu is at 95 deg f. this is while running DFClient.
The gpu is at 27 deg c as shown by RivaTuner. Running Aquamark 3 gave a max temp of 36 deg c with a final score of 38247 (DFClient,IE RivaTuner,ect still running at the same time). See my sig for the card type. The vid card is oc'd to 501mhz gpu and 850mhz memory. Previous runs of AuquaMark 3 showed a max temp of 71 deg c with the stock fan. An Outstanding Drop!!!

Best of all, I can now hear my wife sneaking up behind me with a frying pan!!!!

NO MORE SCREAMING FANS!!!!

BTW I'm writing this while hurricane Frances is knocking on my door (or at least the southern half)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg case.JPG (49.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg case1.JPG (77.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg case2.JPG (86.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg cooler.JPG (67.5 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg cooler1.JPG (62.4 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg cooler2.JPG (77.0 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg cooler3.JPG (85.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg sysfront.JPG (50.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg initial temp.JPG (43.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg gpu top1.JPG (77.2 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg gpu top.JPG (77.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg initial amb.JPG (57.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg initial amb1.JPG (78.7 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg therm loc.JPG (64.2 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Bigmack; 09-19-2004 at 10:03 AM. Reason: sp
Bigmack is offline   Reply With Quote