View Single Post
Unread 09-16-2005, 05:21 PM   #94
dacooltech
Pro/Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathar
I'm aware which was which, and no, not surprising at all.

Slit nozzle forces most of the flow centrally to flow through the entire grid array, while the jet distribution allows qute a deal of the flow to to enter closer to the edges of the grid array resulting in low water velocities throud the grid proper.
I tried the Slit nozzle positioned both vertically (ie WW nozzle) and horizantally on the grid, and was expecting a better result with the N01 Slit (placed horizontally) @ low flow but not expecting that much difference to be honest... So I was surprised

Quote:
The array is so dense that I personally don't believe that the jet impingement effect is doing a whole lot given the size of the jet nozzles (0.9mm) vs the channel size (0.5mm).

Just my subjective assessment. I could be wrong.
I think you're right... and have couple ideas hoping that will improve the jet impingement effect... Involves integration of cups (cups + micro-pins)...

Actually I made 2x micro-pin + cups BP and 3x jet mid plate protos, but couldn't find the time to test them yet...

Also completed the CAD drawing of a new design and will hopefully find the time to make a proto...

My wife has given birth to our 2nd son, so it's both a happy and hectic time lol