View Single Post
Unread 02-18-2003, 03:11 AM   #28
Puzzdre
Cooling Savant

@bikr, that pic was taken right after filling and that was the leak test, there's a tee hidden inside those 5.25" slots, it took less than 20 mins for those bubbles to disappear.
I'm gonna make the small clear res soon, you know that square 5" high, 2" wide kitchen pepper grinders? I'll remove the grinding gear from inside, and have nice rectangular res/airtrap, right above the pump.

Thanx Ben, and thanx to all of you ppl here, I learned much from you and your experience!

V12/V12, this drill press is the cheapest one here (little less than 50$), it's not so good for miling (I can use some small dia mill bits, like 5mm and less, but with this 10mm on the pic, in one moment, the chuck fell off...:shrug: ...and it shakes like hell, but it did the job) Guess it can be done better if I could only fasten this drill onto a better and steadier table, and buy a little xy table...

No water wetter here, I'm running distilled water with isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, so far so good. I tried antifreeze in my system once, but it colored and blurred my tubes heavily.

I really like those #Rotor's blocks, you can make one in no time, and they do well.

Quote:
It's all about DIY-Cooling, forget buying, build, build, build it yourself!!!
Yeah, can't beat the feeling!!!

Thanx guys!