View Single Post
Unread 07-25-2003, 10:25 PM   #9
Gooserider
Cooling Savant

Default Haven't shaken it today, but...

I'm thinking in terms of using a garden hose faucet for the flush.... Simple and easy. I haven't gotten anything set up yet for flow testing, or building the case up, so whatever I do for flushing will be improvised.

As I mentioned earlier about the wierd I/O plumbing tubes on this rad, I can't see into it until / unless I trim the pipes. If I trim them, I can't take the unit back, which makes for a bit of a dilemma.

Once I get my blocks done (I'm still working on machining them) my plumbing pattern will be pump-rad-blocks-res-pump, both because it makes the most sense in terms of the case layout, and because it seems to me like it makes the most sense in terms of delivering the coolest possible water to the blocks.

Thanks for the suggestion on filling the rad w/ water before soldering, BB2K. It makes sense and helps ease the concerns I had about melting the tank / core joint by accident.

Gooserider