View Single Post
Unread 12-29-2002, 06:47 PM   #5
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by chewyboy
maybe i should have been a bit more specific in my question. I know that copper does transfer heat better, i was more curious when dealing with these types of water blocks does the cost justify the couple degree difference that it will make in the end? plus as previously stated aluminum is much easier to machine than copper is.
It depends on what your overall goal is. If you want to coolest running block or someting quiter than air and still cools decent. I opt for aluminum as I don't need the extra 2-5C as the overclocks I get I am plenty happy with and do not require the extra 25-50mhz I might get with copper. As that sure the hell isn't going to show me any noticable diference in anything I run. I got 340mhz overclock with an aluminum block and temps under 42C load. I am good with that.

Now if you cannot live without that extra mhz then use copper. The extra cost for Copper isn't all that bad really. Usually about tripple. But still thats less than $10 for enough to do a water block. I would use Copper more if it was easier to mill. As of now I have no justification to do so.

it all depends on what you want to acheive.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote