View Single Post
Unread 10-01-2004, 09:10 AM   #45
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFettig
Jaydee, that hole layout doesnt look the same as the last block. It appears that they are farther away.

I think the effort it takes to drill all those 1/16" holes way outweighs the messyness of using a dremel.

One thing you could try is plunge milling, just plung out all those with your 1/16" end mill, I havent done it myself, but I have heard about people plunge milling with good results.

Jon
The hole layout should be the same. 1/8" holes 1/16" between the holes? Or did I screw up? I was thinking about using an endmill aswell. A Ball nosed endmill would work better for drilling especially with a Drill Press. But is a newb DIY'er going to find an endmill at a hardware store? And that raises the price up considerably.
Yes, all those little holes helped considerably in dremeling that block. It took about 1 minute to grind the channels out. It only took about an hour to drill all those holes aswell. Problem is getting them centered better.

Remember this article is supposed to be for newb DIY'ers just getting started. Trying to make it as easy as possible for them.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote