View Single Post
Unread 03-08-2008, 11:56 AM   #50
bitor
Cooling Savant

Default Re: 14000 HD Sleds

I've emailed Adaptec concerning this unit. They said that the max HD is 250GBs x 12 on these units. Of course, they never tell you if you can go bigger. This limitation might be because of the power supply's ability to be able to run all 12HDs larger then 250GBs as my guess. Who knows with Adaptec. Anyway, just my 2 cents. The sleds are the same in the 12000 and 14000 both having to types of possible sled types. One HD has an offset and the other doesn't. Depends on the type of sled you have. But this is a good guide for you. Check to make sure all the sleds are the same. I would guess they would be , but you never know. See picture for the two types of HDs for the two types of sleds.

bitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkdefied
I know this is probably the wrong place to post, but you can redirect me.

I have a Snap Server 14000 Guardian OS (lastest version 4 something with latest SP) I have all 12 HD Sleds but 8 of the HD have failed. I want to remove the old HD and place a new HD into the sled (preferably a much larger 300gb or 500gb drives). What types of hard drives fit into the sled? I have tried Maxtor ones but the IDE and power slots dont quite line up and therefore I cannot get it seated into the sled. It looks like the drives used to be Western Digital. Will any WD drive work or do I need a specific series or product line to properly fit?

Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hard_drives.jpg (237.2 KB, 37 views)
bitor is offline   Reply With Quote