View Single Post
Unread 03-18-2005, 11:52 PM   #90
maxSaleen
Cooling Savant

Quote:
Max,
I think the aluminum case is still best for threaded fittings.
I still don't see why it would be terribly difficult to use a soft, millable plastic in place of aluminum.

Quote:
Given there is little exposed area and the Anolok finishing is very corrosive resistant.
I don't have a perfect memory, but I think I recall a couple of people posting about corrosion inside of their CSP 750s. Anyone else remember that? Even if this is not the case, anondization is not a perfect process. Some parts of the pump housing may not recieve adequate coating. You could stop the whining of a lot of people (and make some of these threads a lot shorter) if you avoided using aluminum.

Has anyone noticed that swiftech is moving away from alumium parts at a slow but steady rate? Remember the 5000 series tops? Anondized aluminum. You know what the 6000 series tops are made of? Copper. Bill isn't doing this arbitrarily. Any aluminum in a loop with any copper will cause problems at some point. At least that's my view and the view of many others. Because of this, my MCW-50 will soon be replaced by a danger den Acetal Maze 4 GPU (no offense bill, I just feel a bit more comfortable with a nearly inert derlin top as opposed to a potentially corrosive aluminum top).

Dave: I'm nit picking because it's late here, I am alone, and I am bored. I wish c-systems the best with the CSP-Mag. In fact it would be a welcome competitor to the DDC.

....Gasps for breath after long, rambling post....
maxSaleen is offline   Reply With Quote