Thread: Pump roundup
View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2002, 11:12 PM   #69
shaft01
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally posted by Skulemate
No, I've not bought one yet. I am the "proud" owner of a Little Giant 3-MD-SC... though it's a tad noisy for my taste, and it runs very hot. However, I'm hoping to buy the WMD-20RZT once my student loan documents come through (since I've already paid for school... got to love that government aid eh?)... all I have to do is "convince" myself that it's needed.

One thing though... I'm not sure that the Iwaki pumps were originally intended for aquarium use, though I agree that they seem perfectly matched to the job. The company in my area that sells them sells equipment for moving chemicals and stuff like that.
Like you I agree they were not originally intended for aquarium use but I have been using them for years for just that along with lots of folks......and now for water cooling

Piece of advice though......dont get the WMD model.......The W denotes the american made motor and they are not as quiet as the MD models with the japanese motors.......I have owned several of both ranging from the 15's to the 70's in size and find that there is quite a difference in the quality and the quietness between the WMD and the MD models.......