View Single Post
Unread 11-23-2005, 07:49 AM   #1
coolmiester
Cooling Neophyte

Default A64 Bracket for Cascade AMD Block

I'm coming to the close on the Coolermaster comp case so it was time to spend a bit of time on something else so this ones for Leeums next project

Basically it was to make a bracket for Cathers Solid Silver AMD block so it can be used on an A64 939 socket board.

Anyway without further ado - it all started with some 4mm aluminium which still had its protective coating on but was covered in masking tape to make marking out a little easier as well as protect the surface.

Then simply measured and market out the shape and also all the holes.

Clamped it to the bench and cut it out using a jig-saw followed by centre punching the holes for fastening it to the block.

Now comes the fun bit

i got myself a new trepanning tool lately which is used in a normal drill and used for boring holes.....very handy for this type of thing!

BTW, these holes will merge into one as you will see and allow the barbs to stick through the bracket
So, keeping the drill totally flush with the surface and running medium/slow, this is how it works...

Once i was quite a way through i turned the bracket the other way up and using the centre hole as the pilot started boring from tuther side till it drops out.....very nice

Then again a bit further along the bracket to end up with this...

...and just to double check that it fits

The excess was taken out with the jig-saw to make the two holes into a larger oval shape which was then clamped to the bench again and filed smooth along with all the edges of the bracket.

A quick rub down with wet'n dry and it was ready for polishing.

I chopped the heads of a couple of nails and hammered them into the bench so they were below the level of the bracket to keep the thing from flying off and set away with the good ol polisher.

10 mins later and vuala

And here is how it looks fastened to the block and then a couple of it fastened to a 939 socket

Hope Leeum likes it!

paul@coolercases.co.uk
coolmiester is offline   Reply With Quote