Thread: cascade style
View Single Post
Unread 12-22-2003, 06:09 PM   #15
jaydee
Put up or Shut Up

Quote:
Originally posted by Dieter@be
I really hope the block works, cuz I saw some posts of a member (jaydee16 or something) saying he had made several blocks which all failed...

edit: check this topic
http://forums.procooling.com/vbb/sho...5&pagenumber=1

But maybe they all failed becauce the "jets" (of whatever they are called) dont go into the holes...although I couldnt believe he would make the same error over and over and over again.
I made several versions. All but a few had the jets IN the cups. It is not an easy design by any standard. Any jackass can drill a few holes, put in a few tubes, and drill some cups in a chunk of copper. That isn't the hard part. The hard part is finding a working combination. Cathar made 20 variations of the Cascade before he found the sweet spot. I made 10 and have not gotten what I was hoping for and all but given up due to better things to do.

You need the proper base plate thickness, proper cup diameter, proper jet diameter (inner and outer), proper length of the jets (how much time the water spends inside the jet tube), proper bore (depth and width) above the jet tubes for the water to spread to all the jets in predictable form, proper clearance for water to escape the cups and go to the outlet(s), etc.... It takes very little to make the block perform very well vrs. performing bad. Very touchy combination.
jaydee is offline   Reply With Quote