Thread: New daughter
View Single Post
Unread 03-12-2004, 01:17 AM   #218
Brians256
Pro/Staff

Update! Heather made it home today at about 3:00pm and it feels great to have her back! She's still needing a lot of work with memory, thinking and she still needs some work on her physical abilities. However, she's home, and that's a HUGE chunk of goodness dropped into my life.

The outpatient therapy starts now, but they actually think she might regain enough so that a casual conversation two years from now might not divulge that she had a stroke. So, only she (and others that knew her well and spend a lot of time with her) would know that some things are not the same as they were.

I'd post a picture that I took when she first came home, but my laptop with all the pics downloaded from the camera just died. The backlight CCFL is burnt, I think, and I don't know how to replace that on my Fujitsu N3010. I can't even take it apart easily, unlike the much older compaq laptops that I've owned. I'm going to copy data off of my laptop drive and send the laptop in for warantee repairs, but it's still annoying. Ask pHaestus how it feels, as he had laptop break for him too (although I think his problem was hard drive failure)!
Brians256 is offline   Reply With Quote