View Single Post
Unread 09-20-2005, 11:35 PM   #12
csimon
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydee
I can't see stamping pyramids into the base working at all unless you do it Cathar style like the Storm with drilled cups and a pyramid pin in the middle instead of a round one. I just invision water getting trapped in the pyramid shaped cups and having to boil to get out. Cathar has the best design I think as far as cups in the base.

Delrin is a plastic. Comes in black and white mainly. I have seen grey on e-bay.
Yes I can see the problem with the cavity ...perhaps if the part to be stamped were embossed first and then stamped to where the trenches would flow flush with the bottom level rather than below ...perhaps the stamp could be done before the cut outs to insure integrity of the alloy otherwise it would probably just mash on the ends and get messy.

But stampig shapes was just something too easy to pass up ...I'll have to try or at least sketch it to give a better idea of how I think it could work.

Have you done any work with a 3d printer?
I have a friend who would love to sell me one and he does owe me a prototype of anything I wish ...within reason of course.
I wonder if cathar has considered it for the G-8 nozzle?
csimon is offline   Reply With Quote