View Single Post
Unread 01-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #9
HaxR3
Cooling Neophyte

Default Re: My Peltier Waterblock

Revived this project recently, but with a slight twist, the aluminium is no longer going to be used to make a waterblock. It is going to be used to make a pipe & smoke cooler for a friends brithday present. The school teacher still thinks it's a cooling block of course.

My new design:

The dark grey areas are going to be milled to half thickness and a top of acrylic and wood (for the burning area) will be tightly screwed down.

The milling areas on the sides probably wont help with heat disappation but I think they may look cool and help with grip.

The rectangle right at the bottom of the "pipe" is where the gases and smoke escape/are pulled though.

Is this a good design? I just want it to cool the smoke slightly and look cool. Wanted to give a bit more of an interesting present than money this year and any help would be appreciated.

(Smoke goes in though the circle & out of the end of the bar; the little square is for additional tobbacco to be held. After some research into existing designs I decided to add this because it gives the tobbacco extra flavour when eventually used.)

Hope this is allowed, its still technically air cooling, just in the opposite way that it is usually discussed here.

Last edited by HaxR3; 01-22-2008 at 02:52 PM.
HaxR3 is offline   Reply With Quote