View Single Post
Unread 05-29-2004, 12:18 PM   #1
Jackal
Cooling Neophyte

Default Radeon 9600/9800 sandwich waterblock 3D model preview (images)

I need to post some pictures of my thoughts, what my new prototype waterblok for R9800 is going to look like. Welll with a little modification it can also become the x800 waterblock.

As you can see from the pictures there are basically two blocks - one on the fron and one on the back of the card. I decided to realize the water connectors on the back of the card so they are turned upwards when the card is inserted. The crossection of the channel milled in copper is 128 sq mm. That is exactly 1/2" sq. Above the VPU are planned some fine finns to maximize the contact area with water.
This design on this model is planned to be made out of copper and policarbonate. But I can also solder a copper top to the base in almost no time.

There were some major difficulties with designing, because of unsutable position of mounting holes. So I decided to hard solder the screws in the base of the GPU side block. That way I won't have too much flow restriction.

Although the design is almost final I would like to hear some comments and maybe if there are any suggestions from any of you.

Here are the pictures:

- GPU side of the block

- back side block

- Assembled preview on a card model

Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote