View Single Post
Unread 12-31-2004, 08:08 PM   #6
superart
Cooling Savant

You wanna hear a badass FedEx story? Sorry if I'm jacking the thread, btw.

I ordered a big tux doll from LinuxMall for my sister's 1 year birthday, and since i was in somewhat of a hurry, I paid for expedited FedEx shipping. I got a tracking number promptly, and all seemed fine and on schedule. The day the package was supposed to arrive, however, nothing came. I waited and waited and waited, and still nothing. I then decided to go check the tracking page to see where my package was. To my surprise, the page said that the package was already delivered and signed for. After a brief moment of WTF, I quickly ran outside to double check if the package was there or not. It wasn't. An even longer moment of WTF followed.

The next day, I decided to call LinuxMall and ask them where my doll was. They said that they shipped it, and if I want any answers I better talk to FedEx because they don't know nuthin'. So I called FedEx, and spent 2 hours trying to explain to the lady on the other line that my package wasn't here and that I would like to find out where the hell it was. At the same time she was trying to convince me that I had already received the package and even signed for it.

These long WTF themed phone calls lasted for about a week, which really sucked because my little sister wound up having her 1 year birthday without the badass 4 foot tall Tux doll that she was supposed to get. I was really upset, to say the least. at this point, I just wanted the shit to be over with, and since my sister's birthday had already passed I just wanted FedEx to give me a refund to make up for ****ing shit up as bad as they did. eventually I got them to give me the refund, and planned on reordering the doll and shipping it UPS this time, since I was no longer in a hurry.

The day after I got the refund, I decided to take a different route from my bus stop back to my apartment than I usually do. As I am walking, low-and-behold, I see a bigass box labeled LinuxMall on someone's doorstep. Looking on the door I notice that it is on the doorstep of Apt.#205. "What a coincidence," I thought. Since my apartment is 502. Upon closer inspection, I discover that the box is already opened, and haphazardly resealed. As if someone opened it, discovered that they really didn't order this thing, then resealed it and put it out on the doorstep to be picked up or something. Then I looked at the label, and what did I see? The box was addressed to me! And no, I didn't screw up on the address either, It was plainly written, APT.#502, NOT 205!!! Apparently, the box was delivered to the wrong apartment, and no one felt it necessary to tell me about it. But, at that moment, I didn't care, I had gotten my penguin, finally.

About a month later, I started to order parts for a Computer I was building. Most of which, were shipped FedEx. And guess what, All of the parts that were shipped FedEx, instead of being delivered to my door, #502, were delivered to #205. I would have to pick them off of the guys doorstep on my way home from my bus stop every single time. Ain't that a bitch.

It turns out, the fedex driver in my area is seriously dyslexic. :shrug:

Looking to buy/trade for used Deep Fryer and Vacume Pack Sealer.
superart is offline   Reply With Quote