View Single Post
Unread 04-10-2005, 11:02 PM   #1
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

Default An update to my test setup upgrades

Rather than dig up any other old threads, I thought I would make a new post about what I was up to today and where I'm headed over the next couple of weeks. I started with the simplest of all my to do list: replacing the Digitec 5810 thermometers with the Fluke RTD setup graciously donated by BillA. This was actually pretty straightforward! I replaced the junk 2 wire sensors with 2 new 3 wire sensors and plumbed them into the test loop. I don't know if I would recommend the method I used. I had some tubing that fit very very snug onto the RTD housing and I just stuck that sensor/tubing into a quick disconnect in a PVC cross. Works ok (though I got sprayed once lol) but not exactly professional.

The two sensors are 0.04C off from one another with water flowing through them, and they report temperatures that are 0.02 and 0.06C higher than the old inlet probe of my Digitec 5810 (it's still in the loop right now). That's actually surprisingly close I thought.

Bob's Labview vi works perfectly and I can now log the temperatures from the wb inlet and outlet (and air once I get a couple more sensors) with Labview while the MAX6655 software logs CPU temperature.

Next step is slightly more complicated. I have already plumbed the dP xmitter into the loop and now I need to dig up a 24VDC PSU with temp compensation, power that xmitter up, and then calibrate it. Fun fun fun.