View Single Post
Unread 04-12-2005, 11:28 AM   #17
pHaestus
Big Player
Making Big Money

Ok I went back and looked. There are 4 threaded holes on the front and back; I had the ones on the front used to bolt into the metal stand. It looks to me though like this rosemount IS different. I looked at the manual (imagine that) and it has (opposite to the tubing inlets): "welded drain/vent valve". So presumably the bleeding and draining all happens from that one spot.

//edit: this is it: http://www.rosemount.com/nuclear/Document/4302us.PDF

For the connection to DMM and to the PSU is relatively small silver shielded wire ok? I think what I have here is 24 or 28 guage.

I'm still bidding for more DMMs. By my count I need 1 more. With 2 good DMMs I can easily get the mag flowmeter running and rebuild my test loop to have automation and dT(wb) dP (wb) and Q logged. Then at a later date I'll actually figure out how to use the 3497A as a scanner, use shunts or a circuit to convert the instrument current outputs to voltage readings and then use the second DMM for current to the (as of now unbuilt) die sim. That can wait until I have the die sim in hand though.

I STILL have to buy those PVC flanges from mcmaster. Maybe I can get that order placed before I head to calgary this afternoon...

Last edited by pHaestus; 04-12-2005 at 11:36 AM.
pHaestus is offline   Reply With Quote