View Single Post
Unread 01-05-2004, 06:02 PM   #113
h4rm0nix
Cooling Neophyte

Default 5 months of UV Goodness, here's skinny on the aftermath

Being one of the original pioneers of this method of biomatter containment I figured it was high time to post my results after 5 months of running with a UV Clarifier.

First, to start this off, I was in dire straights, having had a massive algae bloom that ruined my pump, I was stuck starting from scratch with a completely new tube setup. So XX$s and an hour later I had my new tubes in place and began the "scrubbing" session of running on pinesol and water for awhile.

A few hours later I was happy with the results, as the black stuff was long gone.

So I hooked in the UV Clarifier, added coolant (water, Antifreeze, Algaecide), purged as much air as I could, and decided to let it ride.

After about 3 months I noticed some brown algae growing on the sides of the tubes, but it was nothing fierce and didn't really impede flow. However, at the six month mark it's starting to be a problem, temps getting up to 47C, not too good for WC...

So I'm back to the same old problem. How to have a system that works, is quiet, and has no bugs, ever.

Is this even possible? To read the trade sites and forums it seems everyone has sparkling clear tubes but me.

Ahh hell.

So, just to let you know, the UV Clarifier does make life better, for a time, but in the end, it only contains the biomatter to a point.

"Life finds a way."

So, can I run on something other than water and not go blind from the fumes?

H
h4rm0nix is offline   Reply With Quote