View Single Post
Unread 05-12-2007, 03:21 PM   #1
Atragon
Cooling Neophyte

Default Request for feedback on proposed WC setup

I'm thinking of putting together a watercooling setup for my system now that I'm upgrading my video card to an 8800GTX and I would appreciate some feedback on the components I'm thinking of using. I'm also considering an upgrade to SLI at a later date, so I'd want to have enough capacity in the watercooling loop to handle a second 8800GTX or similar card.

First off, my hardware setup:

AMD Opteron 165 @ 2.97GHz (9x330) /w Thermalright Ultra 120 heatsink
4x512MB Kingston KHX3200 RAM (BH-5) @ 247MHz, 2-2-2-6 timing
DFI Lanparty NF-4 Ultra-D
ATI X800XL /w Zalman VF700-Cu (being replaced with a BFG 8800GTX OC)
Seagate 80GB SATA HDD (7200.8)
Lite-On DVDRW SOHW-1633S
Lite-On DVD SOHD-167T
Seasonic S12 430W PSU (being replaced with a Seasonic S12 Energy+ 650W PSU)
All this is sitting in an Addtronic full tower server case, I'm planning on migrating to a mid-tower case eventually, one that can fit a 2x120mm fan radiator in the front, but I can stick with the full tower case if I need the space.

And now for what I'm thinking of WCing with:
CPU: Unknown, I was thinking of the LR White Water block, or the D-Tek customs version of it, but apparently there are better blocks out there now.
GPU: A full coverage block, again, I was thinking of DD, but apparently EK's block is better, so I'll probably go with it instead.
MB, chipset: I was thinking either the MIPS Computer DFI series freezer, or the Aqua Computer Twinplex Pro
RAM: Hard to find info, was thinking of a pair of Koolance RAM-30-V06 blocks, or something similar. If I were to go with the koolance blocks I would probably run a pair of them in parallel to reduce restriction.
Radiator: I was originally looking at the Black Ice 240 GTS, but apparently the Thermochill PA120.2 is better for lower airflow applications and I'm aiming for a relatively quiet system.
Pump: I have no idea here.
Reservoir: Not too sure, something with good build quality and relatively small size. I'd probably mount it so that it's the highest component in the loop to make filling easier.
Atragon is offline   Reply With Quote