View Single Post
Unread 05-28-2003, 10:00 PM   #19
imatation
Cooling Neophyte

Marijuana is not a bad thing. However, I am not saying its a blessing, but it is nothing that should be looked down upon. Yes, you are right, according to a study by the US army marijuana does cause brain damage but that’s after 5 years of heavy smoking (at least 3 times a week). Marijuana should be legalized because it’s not a bad thing. If marijuana was legalized crime wouldn’t go up, people wouldn’t all of the sudden start smoking pot, the only thing that would change is that people wouldn’t be getting arrested for something as stupid as having a joint on them. Also, I see no reason why marijuana is illegal and cigarettes and alcohol are not, both of which are far worse than marijuana. I am currently in high school, and I do smoke pot, I also am in the hardest classes I can take, and just started the IB (International Baccalaureate) program. I have never not made the honor roll in my school career, accept for maybe twice in middle school. I do, however know many people who have started smoking pot and gone down hill, but I would not blame it entirely on pot, most of them also started hanging out with the wrong people, skipping classes, and quit caring. I also have many very intelligent friends and classmates who have gotten arrested for having small amounts of marijuana on them, which goes on their record and also means they are sure as hell not gonna get into that ivy league school they have the grades for. Marijuana also does not have to be entirely legal, in Switzerland I believe it is legal to buy and sell it, but not smoke it, so as long as your not caught in the act of smoking its ok. In British Columbia it is illegal, but the authorities just look the other way (and we all know the high crime rates that British Columbia and Switzerland suffer from).
imatation is offline   Reply With Quote