View Single Post
Unread 08-02-2005, 01:19 PM   #38
ljohn787
Cooling Neophyte

I didn't shave a whole 1/4" off (the fins were starting to bend a bit), but I'm willing to give this a try. I don't plan on making a GPU block, or watercooling it at all at this point. After having an acrylic top made, my dad pretty much said it looked like garbage, as wel as all the screws and barbs I bought. Instead, he made a top for it out of copper. It's almost 1/4" thick, bringing the whole height of this thing to .765", so it's a hefty block. We also used .200" screws, going in from the bottom and threaded into the top. I'll post some pictures later tonight.
I recut the o-ring channel with a slightly bigger (diameter) tool, and it came out much cleaner. We found an o-ring that fit perfectly, so all I have left is to cut the threaded holes for the barbs in the top and come up with some sort of mount.

If anyone could help me with ideas for a mount, I'd appreciate if you shared them. I have an A64 and there are 2 holes, 3.5" apart. I was thinking of making that out of aluminum. I'll also take some more dimensions when I get home.
ljohn787 is offline   Reply With Quote