View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:26 AM   #35
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

Well, it seems that my last update (albeit a textual one) was eaten due to a database outage on bit-tech. So, instead of retyping the status then, I'll give you the update on status as it stands now.

I am currently overclocked to 3.611GHz (23x157) at 1.625 Vcore. even If I bump it up to a 1.675Vcore I cannot go any higher, and i've changed the CPURAM ratio down to 5:4 so my memory is only going at 126MHz, so I know it is not the culprit as its PC2400. (Well, it is until I get my 2x 256MB mushkin black hi pref II 2-2-2 timings!)

Temps are WONDERFUL. Speed fan keeps the radiator fans and exhaust fan nice and quiet until things get warm. It works so well I think I may do away with the fan control on the touch bus, save for having it flip between AUTO (Speedfan) and FULL (12V). This would make 2 channels: 1 for the exhaust, 1 for the rad fans. The touch bus would still control the lighting in the manner outlined earlier in this thread.

Oh yeah, temps, temps... almost got derailed there. With water up to temp (pump running 24 hours plus, full load torture)
33*C idle
42*C load (prime 95 torture test, max power setting)
17*C ambient (measured by my indoor, outdoor themometer)
22*C water (full load)
18*C water (idle)

I've been fiddling around with cathode placement lately, and it's been very frustrating! I can't quite hide the cathodes and get the illumination i've been wanting. So what I'm doing now is giving the photoshop file to my graphic artist friend for some 'virtual modding'! I wanted to avoid attaching the cathodes to the side panel, but it now seems to be un-avoidable. I just can't hide them in the frame and get good illumination.

I also tried to install both my opticals last night, but my 29160 keeps bitching about improper termination. I have the last drive terminated, the first drive unterminated. However, as soon as I pulled out a spare u160 terminator and put it on the end of the chain and w\ only 1 optical (2 position cable), all was well. I'm blaming it on cheap cables for now. I've ordered a 3 position cable from SVC, just in case i need the third position for the terminator.

Routing the u160 cables is fun too, as I need as much length as possible to stay neet by running down along the bottom inside of the case, under the foam that the pump sits on.

This same foam is also occupying the spot I was going to use for my UV cathode... I SWEAR I'll post pictures tonite of my wiring woes.

I'm too darn anal retentive about appearence.
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote