View Single Post
Unread 06-16-2004, 09:26 AM   #36
starbuck3733t
Cooling Savant

OMG! An update!

Thanks to all of you who commented, both those whose replies still stand and those whose replies were lost during the bit-tech outage.

Anyway, I haven't put up an update since I restuffed the case with all the components, and my new 3.06HT chip. So here it is (from my premium uploadit account, even!)

Fully stuffed, a bit messy if you ask me What do you all think?

Back end of the case, note the SCSI cables at the bottom, particularly the rightmost one. It wasn't long enough and generally isn't playing nice. Rather miffed about that.

The front of things. More messy, even though things are all sleeved up. My power wire managment leaves something to be desired :miffed: The white line to the rightof the radiator is the line up to white CCFL #1. I haven't installed the second one yet.

This, on the other hand, looks pretty good. My tubing has gone cloudy again, though . My 120 rear exhaust plugs into the northbridge's connector because I can control that connector (and the CPUFAN connector) with SpeedFan!! Speedfan Rocks! Why are the wires so long? In case I want to stretch them up to the front of the case eventually.

Radiator fans, you can just see to the left where the sleeved wires come out and go back up to the CPUFAN connector on the board.

With the pump out of the way, you can see some of the clutter that the SCSI cables cause, as well as the power connectors being unruly. I need to do something about that.

And the savior, hopefully, of the tubing. Hyperlube supercoolant, which wont leave a mess like waterwetter, and still provides corosion resistance (like antifreeze).

The astute among you may have noted that the system is relatively empty in the hyperlube picture... that's for a good reason. My bloody pump intake fitting, even with plenty of PTFE (teflon) tape leaked a bit overnight. Bummer, but no harm since the machine wasn't running (no RAM!)

I'm going to go play with my lighting again and hopefully figure out some of the wiring issues. I still have to replace the SCSI cable due to the issues mentioned in my last post.

Suggestions on cleaning up the looks of things? Pwease
Goliath: 3.4E@3.91/Abit IC7, Maze4 (temporarily) + custom splitter to crazy 4-way watercooling parallel loop: X800XT @ 520/1280 + AC Twinplex, AC Twinplex Northbridge, Silenstar Dual HDD Cooler, Eheim1250, '85 econoline van HC + 2x120, 1x120 exhaust - polished aluminum frame panaflo L1As, 2x18GB 10K RPM U160 SCSI, 4GB PC4000.

I wanna be BladeRunner when I grow up!

Project Goliath - nearing completion.
starbuck3733t is offline   Reply With Quote