View Single Post
Unread 07-10-2003, 06:30 AM   #8
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Quote:
Originally posted by Razor6
My resevoir/air trap is as described in the pic below. It works quite well it seems, mind you it's mounted outside the case on my "watercooling box".
That's exactly what I'm talking about.

If one looks hard enough, you can actually find that tee with threaded connections, which makes the whole thing a glueless operation: just Teflon tape.

I can only recomend "3/4" PVC parts, because of the large unrestricted ID of it, which is perfect for slowing down the flow to where the air can get out. "1/2" parts would be too restrictive, and anything bigger than "3/4" is gonna get you into issues of how to fit it inside the case.

Threaded adapters are also available, to convert one size thread to another. I've used
3/4 -> 1/2
1 1/2 -> 1/2
1 1/2 -> 3/4
and even a threaded 1 1/2" nylon adapter with a 3/4" barb on it.

Now back to a better design: I'd run a tube across the top of the case, either round or square, maybe even clear, with an inlet outlet at either end, and an opening (fill point) that'd stick out through the top of the case. 1 to 2" ought to do it, just enough not to interfere with the second 5 1/4 drive bay. The opening should be farthest away from the inlet, and the further, the better.
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote