View Single Post
Unread 10-01-2004, 07:09 PM   #25
ferdb
Cooling Neophyte

I've been running two CSP750 pumps (individually, not in series) for a few days now and they seem to have finished their breakin period. In a system that consisted of a BI Pro II radiator and and MCW6000 water block and 3/8" tubing one pump had enough flow to generate 24" of pressure drop through the system, the other started out around 28"-29" of pressure drop. After about a day of running, both pumps would generate enough flow to create an almost identical 31" of pressure drop through the exact same system. This has not changed for a couple days now. If the pumps are now operating close to the published pressure/flow curves that would indicate a flow rate in the system of about 80GPH. This is for single pump operation, not two in series.
A couple of notes on the CPS750's I got. One had a flaky 3 pin connector. It connects intermittenly if wiggled and can connect or disconnect merely by touching the wires. I replaced the plug and have had no trouble since. The other pump would occasionally not start when I was first using it. Applying 12V it would flow current but it would not always start spinning. Giving it a smack would get it spinning but the motors don't seem to have a very strong starting torque.

I ordered 2 CPS750's from Bigfoot, the invoice total including shipping was 102.89 USD so that's about ~$51 ea.
ferdb is offline   Reply With Quote