View Single Post
Unread 07-18-2004, 02:06 AM   #47
LPorc
Cooling Neophyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by pHaestus
People new to water cooling just don't accidentally come upon procooling and register here; they go to OCers and HOCP and Anandtech instead.
Neato, I am an exception to pHaestus' paradigm!

My fans started bugging me, and it was time to start playing with water. A couple of hours of Googling and browsing forums and I registered here. Also registered at some other site, but quickly abandoned them.

What attracted me here? Well, this place ain't full of bling, and there is some obvious intellectual capital here. The quality of the reviews is better than any I've seen elsewhere, and the wealth of data available in the forums is outstanding.

I don't know, maybe I am just an oddball. I view getting told to Google "Log Mean Temerature Difference" as being helpful. It didn't quite answer my question, but pointed me in some of the right directions. I can sure wish the answer to my question was simpler, but I really don't mind doing some research. Of course now that research has spread into 2 textbooks, a bunch of stuff on the web, and lots of home experiments, some of it even related to the subject ! That's the danger and beauty of search engines, lots of tangents to follow.
LPorc is offline   Reply With Quote