View Single Post
Unread 06-28-2004, 03:07 PM   #21
#Rotor
Cooling Savant

Indeed, a cage is on the -2do- list. but not for going to a track, just for safety sake.... the front suspension will probably not do all that well in extreme cornering ..... I did some extreme brake mods to all the wheels, It had drums all round and it's now all vented disks, added a booster as well, so the stopping power should be more than capable to handle a situation repeatedly.... I'm more aiming for a not too bad 1/4miler and the ability to say that I did 100% of all the work on the car myself...

/*Added ;
As for the turbos not lasting, it's more the smaller ones... The extra heat causes the turbine housing to fail prematurely. Small turbos are nice for their lack of turbo-lag, this Turbo however is big enough to probably last as long as the engine... but now I sit with another little hiccup, a Bridgeport motor has the inlet timing such that the port is open 360º, which means while the exhaust port is open, gasses can move straight through from the exhaust into the carbs.... The reason this is not good for when you are turbo charging, is because the turbo adds some back-pressure to the exhaust causing hot gasses to get pushed back up into the carb, now I don't know if any of you have ever seen a compressor’s impeller that had to eat a backfire a full throttle..... not a pretty site.... from there my tendency to favor the blower….
/*added ;

a little off topic.... I'm busy with a little fuel heater, using the engine oil to heat up the fuel, just before it enters the carb, want to see what that does to FE.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FH01.jpg (51.2 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg FH02.jpg (54.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg FH03.jpg (45.8 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg FH04.jpg (51.7 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by #Rotor; 06-28-2004 at 03:29 PM.
#Rotor is offline   Reply With Quote