View Single Post
Unread 03-14-2004, 02:41 PM   #7
feathers
Cooling Neophyte

"common forum etiquette." - No. Not common at all. Never been asked to EDIT rather than REPLY before. Been on many forums and never been told to do that. Therefore I suggest you put a BIG WARNING for people like me so we know not to use the REPLY button.

"That logic will not win much respect on this forum. From what I've seen, the regulars care quite a bit about "wishy-washy mathematics" - If the regulars here are like some of the regulars who write all kinds of scare stories about peltier cooling then I certainly won't miss their respect. If all you do is theorise and tell people they can't do this or that because theory dictates - then I won't miss their respect. I actually don't think they're like you suggest here.

With regard to th comments about my website:

I can't count the number of articles I've read on peltier cooling where they conclude that peltier cooling is extremely risky and not worth the effort. And 'YES' there was even one article from an engineer who concluded that peltier cooling can make your CPU even hotter rather than cooling it down.

Condensation:

We have had instances where the insulation was insufficient. Air-leak. We didn't have the computer explode, burst into flames, melt, dissolve, implode as a result. We simply had the odd reset when the rad fans were throttled back.

Peltier meltdown:

Any particular reason that amuses you?

Again.. Speaking from practical experience rather than endless debating and theory.. A peltier can serve to protect the CPU in a meltdown situation.

It certainly protected our P4 2.4ghz 800 HT.

If you would like a demonstration then I suggest you send me an email and I will arrange it for you.
feathers is offline   Reply With Quote