View Single Post
Unread 01-28-2003, 01:33 PM   #387
bigben2k
Responsible for 2%
of all the posts here.

Yep! It actually takes care of two problems.

I'm still going over the nozzle dimensions, and the inlet/outlet ratio of different areas within the block, to get to an actual nozzling effect. (Not terribly accurate, as it doesn't account for hydraulic equivalents, yet...).

The nozzle was always meant to be a "drop-in" solution, so that I don't have to build a new top each time I want to test a new configuration. With the notches, now I don't have to worry about it spinning out of position.

I'm not too worried about how deep the nozzle can go within the channels: I'm aiming to focus the flow within the bottom half of the channels, so the top half is "free game".

The inner tube's inner diameter (ID) is 5/8 inches. Whatever the solution, it'll have to fit in there.

Another thing that's been bugging me: it seems that people don't get the use of 8 bolts on the top: as Paul Vodrazka put it, 4 aren't enough to ensure an even clamp. That may or may not be true, but I am not a mechanical engineer, so I'm opting for "more than 4". Since 6 is awkward ( 5 and 7 even more so), and would be a hard fit within the confined area of the block (because of the o-ring, which has already been reduced to 1/16, for the same reasons), I opted for 8, spread equally, with a 22.5 degree "twist" to make maximum use of the tiny available area outside the o-ring.

(So Bill, if you're still reading this, it wasn't for aesthetics).
bigben2k is offline   Reply With Quote