View Single Post
Unread 03-31-2000, 06:52 PM   #3
kc

hmm... 'magistrate', the idea of a double walled case with liquid moving through doesnt seem very viable for several reasons:

1. air is a very poor conductor of heat. very little heat would be transfered from the inside of the case to the inner wall of the case

2. plexiglass doesnt conduct heat too well either. very little heat would not be transferred to the liquid

3. liquid cooling the case walls would not cool passively cooled chips in your computer (i.e. my sb live that gets quite hot)

4. why not use air? by flowing a large amount of fresh air in and out of your case you can easily get your case temp to near room temp. liquid cooling would also only be able to cool to room temp at best, yielding no performance increase over forced air

5. cost. obviously, building one of these cases would cost quite a bit of money. why not just use a couple $10 120mm fans?

6. noise. to move a large amt of liquid through this case, it would require quite a large water pump. it would probably be louder than a couple fans

sorry, dont mean to bash your idea, but i dont see any benefit of it